Do you avoid pooping in public restrooms? Potty talk or humor can be funny but also overwhelming.
Anxiety kicks in and your healthy digestion goes out the window!
Do you love to stay fit and work out but hate to go #2 in public restrooms? That makes 2 of us! This DIY poo spray will take some of your poopaphobia away.
Digestion is an important part of your overall health but potty talk is something we often avoid.
I dread going poop away from home. As a child I would hold it all day at school and this isn’t good for your digestion or your body. I share about that on my podcast episode. Along came my Crossfit phase and all chances for only pooping at home were off.
They’re not joking when they say the WOD (workout of the day) works your total body and gets things moving, which is good, but means a toilet is definitely in your near future.
This post contains affiliate links which means at no extra cost to you I receive a small commission from purchases made. Thank you for supporting this bloggin’ mama!
I discovered Poopourri at a local boutique while shopping for Christmas gifts a few years ago.
Problem: I paid $11.99 for a small bottle. It was fine to use once in a while or as a cute decoration in my restroom but once I was using it often it added up.
Here’s a DIY version of the poo spray that’s much less expensive. There are many great versions on the web. I make mine with what I have on hand so I’m more likely to make it. (Hence the duct tape from my girls’ crafting bin).
You can also play with the combo and amounts of essential oils you use for this. I’ve seen some recipes that also use a glycerin soap or alcohol
DIY Poo Spray
- 1 to 2 oz. spray bottle (glass is best but I used the plastic one I had)
- Distilled Water to fill your bottle
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rubbing or denatured alcohol
- 15 to 20 drops of lemon essential oil
- 10 drops of bergamot essential oil
- 10 drops of orange essential oil
- 1. Add above to your bottle
- 2. Give it a good shake.
- 3. Spray in toilet BEFORE you go poo and it creates a barrier to keep odor inside.
- Now go work out and leave your poopaphobia at the door but don’t forget to take your DIY poo spray with you to ease your fear and use that public restroom!
More DIY Posts: