The new year is upon us and we want to have a happy and healthy beginning.
Resolutions are great and give us a goal but often times we overextend ourselves and end up feeling overwhelmed and defeated. We begin January excited and pumped with all our proper equipment, food and techie goodies then hit a plateau in month or so when reality and busy schedules creep up on us.
Choose to make this new year your happiest yet.
- Set realistic and attainable goals. Are you able to physically fit them into your schedule? Are you giving yourself and body ample time to adjust and reach the goal?
- Show grace. Give yourself the grace you give your family, friends or strangers. If you slack a bit or miss a goal, choose grace and decide to continue and aim for progress not perfection.
- Make your goals a priority. Health is so vital to not only looking great but feeling overall wellness. Our body is connected and all parts need to be in tip top shape to achieve our best health. Make sacrifices now to enjoy long-term results.
- Involve family and friends. Who doesn’t love to gab about their interests and life? It’s fun to have others for accountability or make it a family affair. You’re working towards a healthier lifestyle and being an example as well. Try new recipes and take turns to choosing and helping in the kitchen.
- Choose joy. This one was difficult for me with running. I decided to try running and realized my attitude was horrible. Saying “I hate running” put me in a bad mood before I even made it out the door. I tell my girls to change their attitude towards math for better results so I chose to practice what I preached and gave it a shot. It worked. Although running is not my favorite activity, I don’t dread it anymore. I’m more likely to work it in my may and always feel much better after a great workout than letting the day go by without exercise.
What goals are you setting for a happy and healthy new year?