Is once a month the right amount of sex to have? It depends. On the couple and their unique desires. So much shame, misinformation, and unrealistic expectation surrounds sex. Much like food, it isn’t a ONE SIZE FITS ALL when it comes to sex and desire.
Desire discrepancy can lead to big issues in a relationship when it isn’t communicated. I share some of certified Sex Therapist, Jessa Zimmerman’s suggestions for addressing the avoidance cycle in sex.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- It’s time to get rid of shame and guilt around sex: How to move past it and address your personal needs
- Are you having sex enough or as much as you desire?
- The Avoidance Cycle: Stressfully avoiding things you enjoy
- Desire Discrepancy: Managing desire between partners
- Approaches to Sex Life:
- Learning about yourself and your body
- Jessa’s suggestions for addressing the avoidance cycle
- Being honest with your desires
Follow Naked Talk Podcast on Instagram for latest info.
Buy Sex without Stress by Jessa Zimmerman
Listen to The Better Sex Podcast